Mepilex Border Sacrum 20 х 20sm
- Brand:: Mölnlycke Health Care
- Product Code: 20 х 20см
- Availability: 8
- SKU: 282200
Five-layer foam dressing for pressure ulcer prevention and management of sacral wounds
Mepilex® Border Sacrum all-in-one dressing is the only five-layer foam sacral dressing with proprietary Deep Defense Technology® – proven to prevent pressure ulcers when used in conjunction with other standard prevention protocols 1 2 3 4 5 .
The dressing can also be used for managing moderate- to high- exuding wounds of the sacral area. It absorbs and retains exudate 6 7 and it balances moisture properly avoiding the risk of maceration 6 8 .
This recently-launched enhanced design includes new handling tabs and thicker borders allowing easier application and patient checking. When used for pressure ulcer prevention, the sacral shape has been refined so you can achieve good coverage of the high-risk sacral area – and it features an improved gluteal seal for maximum protection 9 .
The enhanced design still includes Safetac® – the original less-pain contact layer with silicone adhesion. So the dressing is comfortable and conforms to the patients anatomy 10 4 – you can remove it easily without damaging the skin 11 . That means less pain for your patients 11 .
- Proven to prevent pressure ulcers – by up to 88% – when used with other standard prevention protocols 1 2 3
- Proprietary Deep Defense Technology protects against the extrinsic forces - pressure, shear and friction; and manages micro-climate, the key factors responsible for pressure ulcers 12 4
- Mepilex® Border with Safetac technology minimises pain during dressing changes 13
- Good fluid handling capacity and retention 6
- Reduces risk of maceration 8
1. Santamaria N, et al. A randomized controlled trial of the effectiveness of soft silicone foam multi-layer dressings in the prevention of sacral and heel pressure ulcers in trauma and critically ill patients: the border trial. Int Wound J 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/iwj.12101.
2. Kalowes P, et al. Five-layered soft silicone foam dressing to prevent pressure ulcers in the intensive care unit. Am J Crit Care. 2016;25(6):e108-e119.
3. Tayyib N, et al. Effectiveness of pressure ulcer prevention strategies for adult patients in intensive care units: a systematic review. Worldviews Evid Based Nurs 2016;13(6):432-444.
4. Levy, A., Gefen, A. Assessment of the biomechanical effects of prophylactic sacral dressings on tissue loads: A computational modeling analysis. Ostomy Wound Management 2017;63(10):48-55.
5. World Union of Wound Healing Societies (WUWHS). Consensus Document: Role of dressings in pressure ulcer prevention. London, UK: Wounds Int; 2016.
6. Molnlycke Health Care. Design verification PUP16. Report no. 20170515-002. 15 May 2017. Data on file. Mepilex Border Sacrum
7. Molnlycke Health Care. External test Lab report id SMTL 00/1278/01,00/1235/01, 21 September 2000. Data on file. Mepilex Border
8. Woo K, Coutts P.M., Price P, Harding K, Sibbald R.G. A randomised crossover investigation of pain at dressing change comparing 2 foam dressings Advances in Skin and Wound Care 2009;22(7):304-310.
9. Davies, P. User evaluation of interface dressings for pressure ulcer prevention. Mölnlycke Health Care (GMCS-2017-058). 18 April 2017. Data on file.
10. Johnstone A, et al. Innovations in the reduction of pressure ulceration and pain in critical care. Wounds UK. 2013;9(3):76-80
|Pcs in box||10|
|Size||20 х 20sm|